Monday, November 29, 2010

Transition

This morning I filled Mia's bottles with half cow's milk and half breast milk.  The transition to cow's milk begins!  Of course, on my way to work I was convinced she'd starve to death and called my nanny about 3 times by noon.  Mia actually took to cow's milk like a duck -- er cow -- to water.  Phew! 

After feeling like the best mom ever because I single handedly transitioned my child to something new, I hit a roadblock during my commuter reading.  I recently dusted off my copy of "What to Expect the First Year" and was reminded in the 12 month section that I need to banish the bottle.  Drat!  Better get on that too.  So my plan is to transition Mia to cow's milk-only bottles by 13 months (eeek only two weeks to go) while still nursing at night, in the morning and on the weekend.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. What cups are working for you?

    Yes, transitioning to a cup is a lofty goal. We are doing 100% cow's milk in the bottles now, but she's only doing 3 bottles a day with about 3-4 ounces in each bottle. I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete